Data Privacy Statement
Privacy / Protection of data
Our website can normally be used without providing any personal data. Insofar as any personal information (such as names, addresses, or email addresses) is collected on our site, this will always be done on a voluntary basis as far as possible. This data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
We hereby give notice that data transmitted via the Internet (e.g. via email communication) may be subject to security breaches. It is not possible to protect data completely from third-party access.
The use of the contact data published within the framework of legal notice regulations by third parties for sending unsolicited advertisement and informational materials is hereby expressly excluded. The operators of the site reserve the right to take express legal steps in the case of unsolicited promotional information, such as spam emails.
To purchase tickets for expopharm, the specific GTB and additionally noted data protection provisions will apply.
- Data Privacy Statement Website
- § 1 Information about the collection of personal data
- § 2 Your rights
- § 3 The collection of personal data when you visit our website
- § 4 Additional functions and services of our website
- § 5 Objection or withdrawal of consent regarding the processing of your data
- Data privacy statements for analysis tools
- Use of Google Analytics
- Use of Aumago
- Data privacy statement for social media
- Inclusion of YouTube videos
- Use of Google Maps
- Data privacy statement for online advertising
- DoubleClick by Google
- Data privacy statement for exhibitors and people interested in exhibiting at expopharm
- Supplementary data privacy provisions of the entry ticket shops for expopharm 2018
(1) In the following, we will inform you about the collection of personal data when you use our website. “Personal data” means all data that can be attributed to you personally, such as your name, address, email addresses and user behaviour.
(2) For the purposes of Art. 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller is Avoxa – Mediengruppe Deutscher Apotheker GmbH, email@example.com (see our Legal Notice). You can contact our data protection officer (CTM-COM GmbH, In den Leppsteinswiesen 14, 64380 Roßdorf) at firstname.lastname@example.org or under 06154 – 57605-111.
(3) If you contact us through email or a contact form, we will store the data you communicate (your email address and possibly your name and telephone number) to answer your questions. We will delete the data accumulated in this context as soon as its storage is no longer necessary, or will restrict its processing if statutory retention requirements exist.
(4) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual service functions, or if we use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you about the processes in question as below. In so doing, we will also specify the established criteria for the storage period.
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding the personal data which concerns you:
– Right of access,
– Right to rectification or erasure,
– Right to restriction of processing,
– Right to object to the processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) Moreover, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 The collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you are using our website only for informational purposes and thus do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we will collect only the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to look at our website, we will collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to show you our website and guarantee its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Contents of the request (specific page)
– Access status / HTTP status code
– Data quantity transferred each time
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and which send certain information to the party who sent the cookies (us in this case). Cookies cannot execute programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve only to make the internet services more user-friendly and effective as a whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality is explained in the following:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. They particularly include session cookies. These store what is known as a “session ID”, with which various requests of your browser can be allocated to the joint session. This lets us recognise your computer whenever you revisit our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified period, which can differ according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish, and reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that if you do you might not be able to use all of this website’s functions.
f) The flash cookies used are not recorded through your browser, but through your flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are placed in your end device. These objects store the necessary data regardless of which browser you use, and have no automatic expiration date. To prevent the flash cookies from being processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using your browser’s private mode. We also recommend manually deleting your cookies and your browser history periodically.
§ 4 Additional functions and services of our website
(1) Besides the purely informative use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if interested. To do so, you must usually provide additional personal data which we use to render the service in question and to which the aforementioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) We will sometimes use external service providers to process your data. We have selected and commissioned them carefully. They are bound by our instructions and are supervised periodically.
(3) We may also forward your personal data to third parties if we offer services in conjunction with partners, such as special offers, sweepstakes, and contract conclusions. You can obtain additional information by providing your personal data or reading the description below the offer.
(4) If our service provider or partner is domiciled in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will include any consequences this entails in the offer description.
§ 5 Objection or withdrawal of consent regarding the processing of your data
(1) If you grant your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw it at any time. From that time forward, it will be deemed impermissible to process your personal data.
(2) You may object to our processing of your personal data if that processing is based on a weighing of interests. This is particularly the case if that processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which we will present in the following description of the functions. If you make such an objection, we ask that you provide reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have been doing. If you make a justified objection, we will examine the circumstances and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or show you our mandatory legitimate reasons why we must continue it.
(3) Obviously, you may at any time object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis. You can inform us of your objection to use for advertising purposes under the following contact data:
Avoxa – Mediengruppe Deutscher Apotheker GmbH
Use of Google Analytics
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be pooled with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the cookies from being stored by adjusting your browser settings accordingly, but we must point out that if you do, you might not be able to use all of this website’s functions to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from recording and processing the data generated by the cookie which relates to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link. http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIP()”. This means that IP addresses will be further processed in truncated form, thus ruling out any direct connection to a specific person. If the collected data which concern you gain a personal reference, this will be ruled out immediately and the personal data will be erased without undue delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and improve it periodically. We can use the statistics we gain to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal grounds for using Google Analytics is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
(6) Information of the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data privacy: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the data privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of the influx of visitors, which is performed via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage by going to your customer account under “My Data” > “Personal Data”.
Use of Aumago
Avoxa – Mediengruppe Deutscher Apotheker GmbH cooperates with Aumago GmbH (“Aumago”), a company in the area of target group-specific marketing. Aumago uses so-called cookies, which are text files stored in the computer’s browser and contain anonymous usage data for usage-based online advertising purposes (online behavioural targeting “OBA”), i.e. the type of website visited, visited categories and/or product pages and/or the browser and device used. Personal data is not collected. Therefore, the usage data cannot be used to identify the user. The cookies are either cookies of Aumago or cookies of service providers used by Aumago, i.e. krux digital Inc. The user can either delete the cookies directly in the browser at any time, or manage her cookie preferences under http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/ or deactivate Aumago’s cookies under http://www.krux.com/krux_privacy/consumer_choice/. Based on the anonymous analysis of the user’s internet usage patterns, Aumago segments the information stored in the cookies by industries, i.e. browser “1” received the cookie “industry A” on website “X” and uses the resultant presumed interests for a more targeted delivery of online advertising. Aumago will use these anonymous, non-personal data for more targeted online advertising on behalf of Avoxa – Mediengruppe Deutscher Apotheker GmbH.
Inclusion of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online services, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly in our website. [Those videos are all incorporated into “extended data protection mode”, so no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you don’t watch the videos. The data mentioned in paragraph 2 will not be transmitted until you play the videos. We have no influence over this data transmission.]
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube is informed that you have accessed the respective subpage of our website. In addition, the data named under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This will occur regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account into which you are logged, or whether a user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. To keep data from being assigned to your YouTube profile, you must log out of Google before starting the video or activating the button. YouTube will store your data as a usage profile and use it for advertising, market research, or to design its website based on user needs. Such use will especially occur (even for users who are not logged in) to render needs-based advertisement and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You may object to this user profile being formed. To exercise that right, you must contact YouTube.
(3) For additional information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and how YouTube will process that data, please read YouTube’s data privacy statement. There you can also obtain additional information about your rights, and options for adjusting your settings in this regard to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Inclusion of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the services of Google Maps. This means we can show you interactive maps directly on the website and enable you to use the map function comfortably.
(2) When you visit the website, Google is informed that you have accessed the respective subpage of our website. In addition, the data named under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This will occur regardless of whether Google provides a user account into which you are logged, or whether a user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. To keep this from happening, you must log out of Google before activating the button. Google will store your data as a usage profile and use it for advertising, market research, or to design its website based on user needs. Such use will especially occur (even for users who are not logged in) to render needs-based advertisement and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You may object to this user profile being formed. To exercise that right, you must contact Google.
(3) For additional information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and how the plug-in’s provider will process the data, please read that provider’s data privacy statements. There you can also obtain additional information about your rights in this regard, and options for adjusting your settings to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Data privacy statement for online advertising
DoubleClick by Google
(2) Based on the marketing tools used, your browser will automatically establish a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence over the scope and further use of the data which Google collects by using this tool, so we give you the following information based on our state of knowledge: By including DoubleClick, Google is informed that you have accessed the part of our internet presence in question, or have clicked on an ad by us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google, or are not logged in, the provider might learn your IP address and store it.
(3) You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in various ways: a) by changing your browser settings accordingly; in particular, rejecting third-party cookies will keep you from receiving third-party ads; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com”, https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting will be erased if you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-related ads of the provider which are a part of the self-regulating campaign “About Ads”, via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting will be erased if you delete your cookies; d) by permanently deactivating Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome in your browser, under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We must point out that if you do any of these, you might not be able to use all of this service’s functions to their full extent.
In the following, we will inform you about the collection of personal data when you participate in expopharm as an exhibitor or prospective exhibitor.
We process exhibitors’ personal data from their application forms, or based on the consent of the prospective exhibitor concerned, considering the regulations of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and the BDSG-neu (New Federal Data Protection Act) in an automated procedure, as part of contract execution or to execute pre-contractual measures with prospective exhibitors or exhibiting companies.
(1) Purpose and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
For this purpose, we process the personal data of prospective exhibitors or exhibiting companies. Personal data is processed based on a contract (registration) or the consent of the prospective exhibitor. It is processed to achieve the company’s declared purpose, especially to carry out our event services and media publications, to handle our business processes, to assure the quality of our events and publications, including the information from our clients before and after the event, and about Avoxa’s follow-up events in the pharmaceutical sector.
The legal basis for processing to fulfil our services and perform contractual measures, and to answer requests, is Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR. The legal basis for processing to fulfil our statutory obligations is Art. 6 (1)(c) GDPR, and the legal basis for obtaining consent is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
(2) The following data categories will be collected:
To fulfil the purposes named under (1), the following personal data will be collected, processed and used: Company data with addresses, contact names and communication data, information on sector affiliation, product data, contract data and invoice data.
(3) Data recipients or categories of recipients:
Data will be forwarded to third parties if necessary or called for to execute the contract. Those recipients are:
- Avoxa’s commissioned data processors,
- Public authorities if there are legal provisions which take precedence.
- Foreign representation of expopharm, if the company has its registered office in that foreign country,
- Providers of services associated with the trade fair (A. Sutter Fair Business GmbH, Gesellschaften der Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, Messe München GmbH, MEPLAN GmbH, and Schenker Deutschland AG).
(4) Storage period
The personal data provided will be processed exclusively for the purpose for which it was collected, and stored only as long as necessary for its intended purpose, or to fulfil statutory retention provisions. After that, or when the legal basis expires, your personal data will be erased.
(5) Reason for providing your data
The provision of your personal data is contractually stipulated, or necessary to execute the collaboration with Avoxa.
(6) Your rights
You have the following rights towards us regarding the personal data which concerns you:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data portability.
Moreover, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
(7) Controller and contact
- For the purposes of Art. 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller is Avoxa – Mediengruppe Deutscher Apotheker GmbH, email@example.com (see our Legal Notice). You can contact our data protection officer (CTM-COM GmbH, In den Leppsteinswiesen 14, 64380 Roßdorf) at firstname.lastname@example.org or under 06154 – 57605-111.
- If you contact us through email or a contact form, we will store the data you communicate (your email address and possibly your name and telephone number) to answer your questions. We will delete the data accumulated in this context as soon as its storage is no longer necessary, or will restrict its processing if statutory retention requirements exist.
For the purchasing of tickets for expopharm 2020 in the entry ticket shop, the Supplementary data protection provisions of the entry ticket shops will apply. You must also accept the Event Regulations before visiting expopharm 2020.